I got up at ridiculous o’clock with N this morning. He’s been going to the gym before work, and normally, I just go back to sleep once he leaves. But today, I was actually quite awake, and so I just got up. I didn’t feel too bad throughout the day, but I did have more caffeine than I normally would on a typical day 😳 Hopefully the caffeine won’t keep me up tonight because I’d like a good night’s sleep for the busy day that I have tomorrow! 🤞
I had my Chinese lesson today, and it actually wasn’t too bad! I didn’t stress out as much as I normally would, which allowed me to understand more of what she said. But my general problem is my lack of speaking and listening practice. I need to do more! Watch a little bit of a TV show or YouTube video each day. I need to incorporate that into my day somehow. I’ve made so many positive changes into my daily routine now, surely I can figure out how to incorporate this one thing??
Here are the new changes I’ve made recently:
- I’ve started to review my Anki flashcards first thing in the morning, as soon as I wake up. It’s virtually the first thing I do once I wake up;
- I’ve been doing my splits stretches on a daily basis, except on my one rest day a week;
- I’ve been listening to podcasts in the morning while I’m getting changed;
- I’ve been listening to an audiobook while getting ready for bed in the evenings.
How awesome is that?!? And I only introduced all of these new habits recently, possibly just in the last month. That’s pretty damn good! So surely I can figure out how to incorporate listening to a TV show or YouTube video in one of my target languages into my day?? 🤔
After listing that out, I’m quite proud of my effort! Well done, me! 😁 It’s amazing just how much you can achieve just by pairing activities today:
- Anki flashcards – paired with getting up first thing in the morning;
- Podcasts – paired with getting ready each day;
- Audiobooks – paired with getting for bed.
Can I pair this TV show or YouTube video with something? Or maybe I can just set another 30-day challenge for myself? I just have to try and see what works for me.