I have been able to type for most of my life. I probably learnt how to type when I was around 12. So I can actually type without really thinking about where my fingers need to go. I can close my eyes, say the words in my head, and my fingers will somehow know where to go. If anything, it’s actually faster if I close my eyes, because I don’t have the screen as a distraction. I then start visualising where my fingers are moving on the keyboard hahaha I don’t know what’s better, visualising it or actually seeing the words being typed on the screen. How are my fingers doing that?? And it’s not like I’m going “OK, now move your finger to the F and now to the I, then the N, then G…” etc etc. I can be thinking about something else, like how sunny it is today, and somehow my fingers will still find the right letters. It’s really odd! Seriously, how did I learn to do that?!? This is my delight for the day 😊
I had my Chinese lesson today. We talked about:
- How the appointments for the German vaccine have been cancelled here because it has been found that the vials were not sealed properly 😒
- How our landlord is asking us to pay his legal fees without even consulting us beforehand; and
- The Mr Tickle book that I borrowed from the library recently – in Chinese 😱
Obviously, my version in Chinese didn’t come out as nicely as this 🤣 It was more like:
- The small bottles from the German company were bad, so the government cancelled our appointment;
- The person who owns this house is asking us to pay his lawyer’s fees;
- I borrowed this book from the library.
We then went on to discuss each point in turn, focussing mainly on the first two points. So you can imagine just how difficult this lesson was! But it’s all about communication, not perfect grammar, and I got my message across, that’s the main thing. Sure, it’d be nice if I had perfect grammar, of course, but I’m not studying every single day for hours on end. So given the limited amount of time that I do spend studying the language, I’m quite happy with my progress! 👍🏻
Maybe we can talk about the Mr Tickle book next week. Hopefully I would have finished it by then!